Young Sustainability Ambassadors
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Funded by the NSW Government, the Young Sustainability Ambassadors program will be launched in the Illawarra and Northern Shoalhaven regions of NSW through 2017.
We are looking for young people aged 18-35 to join the Young Sustainability Ambassador program who are:
- working or volunteering in the sustainability sector
- researching or simply passionate about sustainability issues in the local community or on a global scale
- taking action on sustainability issues in the community or more broadly
- passionate about the future of the planet
willing to share stories to improve their understanding of sustainability on a local and global scale
- interested in being trained to speak confidently and charismatically to school students, the public, media, peers and across generations
- Interested in becoming part of a network of highly effective young leaders, who are stepping up to inform, educate and empower communities around Australia and across the globe to understand, appreciate and work together to act on the sustainability issues we face
- living in or willing to travel to the Illawarra* region to complete all program modules, school visits and communication touch points
* most training activities will be central to Wollongong, NSW. School locations may be located across the Illawarra and northern Shoalhaven regions, NSW.